Monday 7 March 2011

Mornin'

Quite forgot to tell you about newest neighbour, who arrived mildly infuriatingly during the denoument to yesterday afternoon's illicit tv pleasure, Columbo.  There's an irritating beep that goes off once a minute in our house and is keeping us awake, is it coming from your house?  I haven't heard anything, but let me turn the tv off and listen, no definitely not mine.  Would you mind coming round to my house and having a listen?  OK.  Would you mind coming upstairs, excuse the mess, we only moved in on Tuesday.  Thinks:  hmmm.  Looks normal enough, and someone told me he works at the golf club up the road, and his girlfriend is in the front room, catching the end of Columbo.  Can he really be an axe murderer?  Standing in his bedroom, trying to stay silent to listen for the beep.  Ever tried standing silently with a complete stranger, in his bedroom?  The urge to say something polite is irresistible.  I'd manage about 29 seconds of silence, and then say "maybe it's a mobile that needs charging" just as the thing went "bleep".  I concluded it was his other neighbour's smoke alarm with a failing battery & made my excuses.

Shall post again with photos soon. xxx

4 comments:

  1. OMG what's happened to the living room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never very big on leather armchairs, but I rather like the telephone.

    But isn't the sliding effect as you scroll down a little irksome on the eye? I may ditch it altogether.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit odd. I find myself strangely curious about the rest of the room...and wonder whether there will be another post from you in this guise at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But GG2 my lovely, if you scroll up a little, I have managed another wee post-ette! It was like pulling teeth...

    ReplyDelete

You're welcome to leave a message, anonymously or otherwise.